Visit the Museum
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Tuesday through Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
The museum is closed during the entire month of August for exhibit
updates and renovations.
Special January Hours
- Tuesday January 7th to Saturday January 11th - Available for pre-arranged groups and tours only.
- Tuesday January 14th to Friday January 17th - 10 A.M. to 4 P.M.
- Saturday January 18th - Available for pre-arranged groups and tours only.
The museum will be closed on Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,
and during the weeks of Rutgers Spring Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.
2013-2014 Closure Dates
- Thanksgiving: Monday November 25th, 2013 - Sunday December 1st 2013
- Christmas: Monday December 23rd, 2013 - Sunday December 29th, 2013
- New Year's: Monday December 30th, 2013 - Sunday January 5th, 2014
- Martin Luther King Day: January 20th, 2014
- Rutgers Spring Break: March 15th, 2014 - March 24th, 2014
- Memorial Day: May 26th, 2014
- Independence Day: July 4th, 2014
- Labor Day: September 1st, 2014
In addition, join us for:
Late Nights at the Museum
The first Wednesday of each month from 4 to 8 PM. A different theme every month! Click
for more information.
Saturday Tours at the Museum
- Wednesday December 4, 2013
- Take a stroll with us as we explore the major eras of the past and learn more about the Geologic Time Scale.
- Wednesday February 5, 2014
- Come explore some of the most explosive features on Earth!
- Wednesday March 5, 2014
- Rubies, quartz and talc oh my! Discover what makes up nature’s beautiful building blocks.
- Wednesday April 2, 2014
- From the Universe to you: the solar system, climate and Earth.
- Wednesday May 7, 2014
- Join us as we take a look at evolution and our ancestors and discover how species have changed over time.
On the third Saturday of every month the museum offers tours to prearranged groups of 10 to 50 people. Tours must be booked at least two weeks in advance. Please see the Tours & School Groups section below for more information.
The Museum is located in historic Geology Hall on the Old Queens Campus of Rutgers University, 85 Somerset Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901. Click here for map and directions
Monday through Friday
: Limited parking available by Kirkpatrick Chapel (entrance at George and Somerset St.) Metered parking on street.
Saturday & Sunday
: Free parking on street and in lots marked with P.